School Concert update

School Concert Update

 

The weather forecast for tomorrow is for a maximum of 39 degrees. This is unfortunate, however logistically it is not possible to reschedule the concert to another time due to the availability of the many others who provide the necessary equipment and food options. This date is booked with these providers many months in advance. Our suppliers have other commitments to honour on Friday or next week. We either need to go ahead with some modifications or cancel it completely. We have spent too much time and effort to consider cancelling. As the concert does not start until 6:30pm, we anticipate that it will be a little cooler by this time.

As a school we will ensure that our students are not sitting in the direct sunlight for the whole 90 minutes. Staff are meeting before school tomorrow to consider measures and put plans in place to protect our students and staff. We will completely understand if some families and the elderly choose not to attend. Any parents, relatives and caregivers need to make sure they come prepared to sit on the oval and also protect themselves. We are fortunate that it is on the oval as some families may choose to erect some sun shade protection at the very back or side where they will still see and hear the concert. So in short, we will ensure we look after the students and we ask those attending to take every measure to look after themselves, even if this means not coming.

 

One thought on “School Concert update

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *