Staff met this morning and have decided upon the following adjustments to ensure student safety and wellbeing due to the projected high temperature.
- The concert start will be delayed until 7:00pm, with the pre-concert items now starting at 6:30pm
- Therefore children now need to report to their classrooms at 6:45pm
- Teachers will limit the time the students will be outside watching items, spending 10 to 15 minutes in their air-conditioned rooms prior to their performance and another 10 to 15 minutes afterwards before coming to watch some other performances
- We will maximise the use of any shade if we can still view the performances
- Parents may choose to collect their child and leave to go home after your child performs, however you will need to do so from the classroom once the students leave the stage
- We ask that you do not collect your child while they are sitting on the grass when other classes are performing
- Teachers will continue to monitor their students during the night and younger students in particular may spend less time outside than the older students
- All classes will be on the oval watching the final acts
- We have hired 2 mist fans to help with the heat
- We understand that parents and caregivers know their children the best, so if these adjustments do not meet your needs please don’t come to the concert
If your child is attending please ensure that:
- they have eaten and are hydrated before reporting to the classroom
- sunscreen is applied before coming
- they have a sun safe hat
- they have a water bottle
Parents and carers are welcome to bring shade shelters however they will need to be set up in the nominated areas at the back and on the sides. Please look after yourself.
Great work CLG. Thanks for the update. Looking forward to tonight.
Well done on your sensible and well thought out adjustments to the arrangements for tonight’s concert.
I will be there at the back of the group with my sun umbrella.
Hope all goes well.